Patent Prosecution Legal Assistant
Hanley, Flight & Zimmerman, an Intellectual Property Law firm located in downtown Chicago, is seeking an experienced, full-time legal assistant to join its administrative support staff.
• preparing and filing documents with the United States Patent and Trademark Office
• communicating with clients and foreign attorneys
• maintaining physical and digital files
• managing attorney dockets
The assistant will typically work with one to three patent practitioners. Very little overtime is required. Our firm provides a competitive salary, a great benefits package and a friendly work environment.
• a 4-year bachelor’s degree from an accredited university with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
• 1-3 years of work experience in a law office environment.
• paralegal certification preferred, but not required.
• excellent interpersonal and communication skills for interacting with team members as well as clients.
• the ability to be well organized and timely manage multiple tasks.
• proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel, Outlook and Adobe Acrobat required.
This is not an entry-level position. However, we do provide extensive on-the-job training.
Hanley, Flight & Zimmerman, LLC is an Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law.